In on November 11th the Golden Eagles crushed the Raiders, 84-63.
Marquette defeated Colgate while showing domination in turnover margin, and also came out ahead in assists.
Marquette spread the ball around with ease, and its 23 assists gave it an advantage compared to 15 from Colgate. Turnovers made a difference with 18 giveaways for the Raiders.
Jamil Wilson led all scorers against the Raiders with 15 points on 57% shooting in 26 minutes. Trent Lockett contributed five steals.
|C||S. Taylor Jr.||13||4||1||0||0||0||0|
With this early victory over Colgate, Marquette is setting high expectations. The Golden Eagles are now 1-0.
The next game is against Southeastern Louisiana on November 13th.
- Marquette started 1-0 during the 2011, 2010, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1997, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:33 left to go.
- Jamil Wilson had a career high with a 100% three point percentage.
- The top two rebounders (Juan Anderson and Trent Lockett) accounted for 43.2% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (23) than the starters (11).
Colgate Game Notes:
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Colgate has been on the losing end of 27 blowout games.
- Murphy Burnatowski accounted for 30.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Murphy Burnatowski set a career high with 24 points, 8 field goals made, 12 rebounds, and 7 offensive rebounds.
- Murphy Burnatowski accounted for 38.0% of the team's points.
- Murphy Burnatowski recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Jamil Wilson
, Trent Lockett